Saturday, April 23, 2011

Puke on this!

Today was the twin's baby shower!
In case you still haven't heard, Nate's little sister and her husband are having two darling ladies this summer :)

To be completely honest, coming up with a gift for this growing family was intimidating. They are talented, creative, and hardworking.  They can 'one-up' just about anything - store bought or a craigslist closeout - just check them out at Sawdust and Embryos!

How could I just buy something in a store and wrap it up?!  The little ladies deserve better...
Here's our creation:

I know, from experience, that the pretty burp clothes are awful...  Gerber cloth diapers absorb SOOO much more.  We personalized them with a little ribbon - picked out by Miles!

Ribbon was pinned along both seams of each diaper and finished up with black thread and my sewing machine. ( I love messing around with that thing!!)


Mid project, I remembered that these babies are blessed with a grandma, great aunt, and great grandmas that are incredible with needles, fabric, and the like. (what was I thinking?!?!)

I'll tell you - I love my nieces! I wanted to pour my heart into something special and one-of-a-kind. My skills are still developing - obviously! By the time they notice, they will not need burp clothes anymore!
Win-Win..

So.. go ahead!  Puke on it!  I'm honored :)

Enjoy your remaining gestation.  We cannot wait to meet you!!

1 comments:

Paul said...

Pretty cute idea there, Kelly. You've got skills! I missed seeing all the gifts. Duh!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons